The American International School of Medicine began in 1999 and has graduates over 350 medical doctors who are in specialty clinical training and or practicing medicine in the USA, Guyana, UK, Pakistan, Trinidad & Tobago, and other countries worldwide.
We focus on training physicians who can excel in patient-care, research and education as a part of their professional development process. The American International School of Medicine has its main campus, in Georgetown, Guyana, South America; and clinical training sites in the Guyana, Canada, United States, and England.
Our students participate in clinical rotations at hospitals in Guyana, UK (London), and the United States among other countries. Together, these facilities are geared to provide our students with the opportunity to learn and become involved with the most comprehensive health care facilities available in the world.
AISM sets and maintains the highest standards that are comparable to those of major accredited institutions in the United States, Canada, and Europe. The curriculum is augmented to meet regional needs by the introduction of lecture programs in nutrition, epidemiology and preventive medicine, as well as tropical medicine.
- Graduated over 380 doctors who currently practice medicine in USA, UK, Guyana, Trinidad, Tanzania, Pakistan and other countries
- Over 85% passes in USMLE and 95% passes in PLAB
- The campus in Guyana has the latest in educational technology and students enjoy wireless internet capability anywhere on campus
- Our clinical portion of the program is conducted in USA, UK, Canada and Guyana
- AISM starts 3 classes a year in January, May and September
- Our admission process is centered around finding applicants who will excel in our program and who takes the medical profession seriously
AISM is listed with the W.H.O. (World Health Organization), hence, our graduates are eligible for certification in Guyana, Canada, UK, and United State of America. AISM is registered with the National Accreditation Council of Guyana. AISM students are eligible for ECFMG certification (after achieving passing scores on the USMLE step I/ step II, Clinical Sills and Clinical Knowledge) in United States. The Government of Guyana recognizes the Medical Degree and graduates who pass the USMLE steps 1 & 2 are eligible for internship and certification by the General Medical Council. Students are also eligible to apply to the General Medical Council in the UK for GMC registration and licence to practice after completion of the PLAB examination.